Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Stuff that Celery


My grandmother used to bring these snacks to our house on holidays and I felt a little nostalgic for them. Here's her recipe:

Stuffed Celery

1 bunch celery, washed and cut into 4-5 inch sticks (keep them U-shaped)
2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup roasted and salted peanuts, chopped fine
Green olives
Worcestershire sauce to taste
Garlic salt

Blend cream cheese with peanuts, garlic salt and worcestershire sauce. Add a little milk if it's too stiff. I like to mix in chopped green olives, but I have two olive-phobes in the house, so we put olives on top of half of our sticks.

Eat.

3 comments:

Ian said...

They look really tasty! This is more of a savoury approach than I have tried. I normally use pecans instead of peanuts, and top them with raisins instead of the olives. I'm definitely going to have to try these! :-{>

Rachel said...

Yeah, I was glad when my kids graduated from "Ants on a Log", celery stuffed with peanut butter and topped with raisins and we got into the salty stuff!

Looking forward to those Mashed Potato Poppers soon.

-Rachel

~M said...

These look great! I like the idea of stuffing celery with tuna salad or apple-salmon salad. Mmm! What other things have you stuffed them with?