Monday, June 16, 2008

Cranberry & White Chocolate Shortbread


I needed a Father's Day treat for my sweetie, and found this great recipe on The Joy of Baking. It was easy to adapt as a gluten-free delight by substituting sorghum flour for the all-purpose wheat flour. I sprinkled Turbinado sugar on top for a little extra sparkle. I also didn't have a 6 inch tart pan so I used an 8 inch springform pan. Next time I will put a cookie sheet under my springform pan to catch any drips.

Since this recipe didn't need a lot of structure (aka gluten) and the crumbly, sandy texture is one that benefits from cornmeal and rice flour, it was a perfect, rich end to a lovely meal to pamper our favorite daddy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rachel I am thrilled to see your blog! I found you on foodbuzz. Excellent recipes! Thank you!

Colleen
foodwineartdesign.wordpress.com